Sunday, June 05, 2005

I'm a Klutz

Well, on Friday I went to the museum and as I was walking down the concrete stairs of the parking garage and I fell. I fell and twisted my ankle and bruised my coccyx (tailbone). So, this whole weekend has been a disaster. When I walk I'm ok for several steps and then my ankle gives out and the pain is excruciating. Fortunately, the Ace ankle brace I bought is helping with that and my swelling seems to have gone down. My butt is a whole other story. It's the worst pain and it's horrible not to be able to sit down comfortably. I have to lay on my side and even then it still hurts a little. I've been lugging around an inflatable doughnut, which helps some in the car but is really not all that great. I had to cancel my horseback riding lesson for Monday, which sucks because I FINALLY got the hang of cantering last week. It was exhilarating to be going that fast on my horse. Lots of fun! =) I'm majorly pissed that I won't be able to workout all week. I don't even know when I'll be able to go back to the gym. I'll make a feeble attempt to scarf veggies and salads all week.

On a sad note, I noticed that my cat has a smudgy, cloudy spot on the lens of his eye. I made an appointment with the vet for Monday. I read up on cat eye problems and it could be a harmless thing due to aging or it could be something horrible like a cataract. I've been totally freaking out, because my cat is my baby. I'm so worried about him. Also, he hates his cat carrier and I know it's going to be a fiasco trying to get him in there on Monday so I can take him to the vet. He'll probably shed me to pieces out of terror. =(

Bad weekend, bad...

4 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Blogger David said...

Melissa, hope you get better soon. You'll be in my prayers.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger David said...

...and the cat, too.

Last night Vanessa, age 5, was asking me if our fish and hamster were considered part of our family. I said yes. Within 2 minutes the kids' show we were watching on TV at that time asked her what kind of animals were part of her family. Vanessa just smiled...

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger John said...

Hope you feel better, that was just a nasty tumble.. and I hope everything is ok with your cat too..

and to put a funny spin on it.. that inflatable donut, just reminds me of bad boys 2.. lol

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks for all your concern. Things are better now. I'll be posting later today. I've been busy the past few days hobbling around.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home