Thursday, May 19, 2005

Another case of B.S. misogyny

I was reading CNN.com when I came across the following story,

Pregnant Student Defies Graduation Ban

Apparently, this girl goes to a Catholic high school and because she got pregnant she was banned from walking at graduation. Of course, I'm completely against this anyways, but that's not what got my goose cookin. (yes, I'm getting old, thus, the bizarre phrase.)
And it wasn't the fact that the girl's name was obliterated from the graduation program. Although, I think being banned from walking should have been enough.

No..what really got my goat (yah, another one of those phrases) is what I read buried in the last paragraph of the article.

"The father of Cosby's child, also a senior at the school, was allowed to participate in graduation."

WHAT THA FRIGGIN HELL???????????????????

If that isn't THE most blatant form of misogynistic, pigheaded, male chauvanistic societal female-bashing, then I don't what is?!?

How is it that this stupid high school allowed the father, who commited the same "sinful" act as the mother, to fully participate????? Not only is that complete bullshit, but it's sending the wrong message to young people telling them that women are the only evildoers in a sexual act AND that men shouldn't be responsible for their actions OR their offspring.

Well, should I be surprised? Another female gets shafted in this world and the Catholic conglomerate once again shuts the door on truth and justice.

3 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Blogger John said...

a world full of hyprocrites and double standards... *shake*

ryc: and i think we're going to go to disney, nothing else really planned except the normal drive down to MD to visit the gf's folks for a week.

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Yah..I used to be Catholic. Technically you're right. I think a lot of religious groups tend to be hypocritical at times, but it just seems so much more obvious with Catholicism.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I guess I'm most angry with the Catholic church, because I feel like they corrupted what could've been a good thing for me. It's like my scary instructor somewhat ruining horseback riding for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home