Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Bottled Water

I LOVE bottled water. I subsist on it. Ironically, I was raised on soda. Coca Cola, Pepsi, Sprite... Everytime I wanted a drink my mom gave me some type of soda. Horrible huh? In my mom's defense, this took place in the dark ages of health and nutrition...before we realized smoking, carbs, and sitting in front of the TV all day were bad for us. Anyways, luckily I weaned myself off of soda and onto water several years ago. Now I can't even drink soda. Soo...you can imagine my dismay when on Saturday I was duped by a Fuddruckers employee into buying Dasani raspberry flavored water. They didn't have any regular bottled water and I wasn't about to drink that tap crap. Well, I might as well have because that raspberry Dasani tasted like cherry cough syrup!!!!! I kid you not! That's when I noticed the small print on the label. The crap contained some fake sugar additive (can't remember the name). The stupid ad campaign clearly states:

Try new raspberry and lemon. Natural lemon flavored water beverage and natural raspberry flavored water beverage -- that's flavored...y'know...um...naturally. (taken from Dasani website)

WHAT A CROCK OF CRAP!!!!! Now other water brands are jumping on the "flavored" water bandwagon. It's soo annoying. Pretty soon capitalism will do what it does best...ruin something natural for a new marketing scheme. Pretty soon I probably won't even be able to find regular water and then I'll have to resort to just drinking beer.

Oh, and while we're on the topic. What the heck is up with Dasani's new commercial campaign? A guy in a bear suit tells us we don't want to drink spring water because he's been in there and salmon are spawning in that water?????? What????? No I prefer my water strained through various chemicals. Hmm...which leads us to the resounding question:

Where the heck does Dasani water come from?????

4 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, Blogger David said...

Good post, Melissa! I can relate when it comes to giving up soda. Two years ago I realized my daughter, Vanessa, then 2 years old, was getting hooked on soda (Coke, Pepsi, Sprite, you name it). Around that time came one of many reports that sodas were contributing to obesity in kids in America. We went cold turkey and just stopped drinking sodas in our household. In our fridge these days are usually only 3 drinks: R/O filtered water, milk and fruit juice (but not all the time). But still it never fails. I'll ask the kids what they want. "SODAAAAAAAAAA". Sorry, kids, we don't drink soda anymore.

Yeah, let's get to the bottom of your Dasani question. For only being bottled water it has a pretty cool name. The name sounds like it could have passed for a club or trendy restaurant!

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Yah, I somehow kicked the soda habit. It might have been tied up with two things: 1.) I was going to the gym and after you workout all you want is water. 2.) I was on the poor side, so everytime I went to a restaurant I just asked for water.

Thanks KC! I missed you too! Yah, I've been really busy lately and neglecting my blog. I'm going to try to be more on top of it now! ;)

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger John said...

bottled water is bad for you, you should drink boiled tap water or filtered tap water instead, because bottled water does not contain flouride which is essential for the health of your teeth. tap water has flouride added to it at the processing plants.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Hmm..good point. Perhaps I should up the amount of times I brush to compensate. That should require about 10 extra brushings per day. frick.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home