Thursday, March 24, 2005

Today I did something useful. I filed my income tax return. Now I'm back to doing nothing useful.

Call me an idiot or call me oblivious, but I didn't realize Terry Schiavo (yes, that again) has been in this state of being for 15 years. I guess I wasn't paying attention enough. That is a FRIGGIN LONG TIME!!!! I would like to state that if I were in a vegetative state or in a coma, which doctors (and I mean several doctors) said I would not recover from then I would not want to be kept alive by artificial means. I think three to five years is about as much as I, in such a state, or my loved ones could bare to take, and even that might be pushing it. I can't imagine the horror of lying there like that for 15 years. Really sad.

Anyways, that's the last I'm going to mention that case. I hate feeding into the tunnel-visioned media's idea of news.

So, here I'm going to talk about the news that gets shoved under the carpet.

Protesters have forced the president of Kyrgystan to flee his office.
Kyrgystan?????????????????????????????? I thought it was a misprint! Whoever heard of this country? As your typical self-absorbed American, I must say...from whence did all these "stans" suddenly come? For I have never heard of them before, so they surely just invented themselves.
(Ok, so this wasn't exactly shoved under the carpet. But, a more legitimate question...why is this playing high in the headlines?)

Diner Finds Finger in Chili (Reuters via CNN)
I love this quote:
"This individual apparently did take a spoonful, did have a finger in their mouth and then, you know, spit it out and recognized it," said Ben Gale, director of the department of environmental health for Santa Clara County. "Then they had some kind of emotional reaction and vomited."
There seems to be some confusion as to whom this missing finger belongs.

Chess Legend Bobby Fischer Finds a Home in Iceland
Can someone please explain to me what this guy did? As I understand it, this guy is wanted by the United States for illegally playing a game of chess in the former Yugoslavia in 1992.

6 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Blogger G. said...

another country that starts with a 'K' for those stupid games =).

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger David said...

Now that you mentioned in your blog that you filed you income taxes the entire online community is now wondering whether you owe or are due a refund...

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I am getting a refund. Hallelujah!

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger David said...

Uh-oh. That means the government borrowed your money for free. hahaha....
Did I tell you I threw back Sophie's World? It kept putting me to sleep on the train.

 
At 1:42 AM, Blogger okstatendn said...

If I was Schiavo I'd recover just long enough to order up a heapin helpin of potassium chloride.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger John said...

dang i haven't checked your page in over a week.. lolz... but that whole 'case' going on, which unfortunately finally ended, has just too much to say about it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home