Sunday, February 27, 2005

My Weekend

Last night we went to an Indian restaurant after stocking up at Trader Joe's. I was craving Indian food once again. My typical order:

vegetable samosa
chicken tikka masala w/ rice and naan
Indian tea
Kulfi (Indian ice cream)

I like trying new kinds of food, but once I find my favorites I'm completely boring. I order the same things over and over again and that's the way I like it! YUM!

Afterwards we went to the movies. Not really anything good out, so I picked Constantine. The reviews were pretty bad, but I liked the storyline. The movie turned out to be pretty decent. Excellent special effects, decent plot, and nonstop action. Lotta Catholic dogma, which I'm familiar with. One of these posts I'll reflect on my experiences and thoughts on religion.

Today, just got back from the gym. Gotta go to Lowe's soon. Need to pick up some citrus fertilizer for the kalamundin tree my Dad gave me. It's only got one immature fruit right now, but lotsa fragrant flowers. I can't wait to squeeze that kalamansi all over a heaping plate of pancit. (yah...I guess I'd have to make the pancit though. arggh! Where's an auntie when you need one?)

I also need to pick up a couple more African Violet selfwatering pots. I just realized that my redheaded stepchild AF (African Violet -- I have 4 AFs and only one of them refuses to bloom) has 2 extra crowns!!!!! Good lordy! The thing is sproutin out babies left and right and it's crowding it's pot, so that could be the reason it's not blooming. I must be a bad mommy, because I didn't even notice that. After this surprising find, I decided to thoroughly examine my 3 prize blooming AFs and lo' and behold one of them has sprouted an extra crown as well! (Sorry for you non-gardenin people...this post must be confusing as well as mind-numbingly boring.) Soo...looks like I'm going to almost double my amount of AFs!!!! Where the hell am I going to put them all?

My bloomin beauties:





2 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Blogger G. said...

pretty flowers! i can't wait for springtime. i've been itchin' to go and pick up some plants to put in my frozen yard!

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks! Yah, it's snowing yet again! I can't wait til it gets warm!!! dying!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home