Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Greetings, Salutations & Yultides!

Hi everyone! I'm feeling a bit under the weather (this saying makes no sense) right now. I've had a sore throat for days and yesterday and today major congestion and sneezing. I drank some theraflu this morning and I still feel hopped up on whatever the heck they put in that stuff. I feel like I'm floating and, better yet, I am not noticing my ailments so much.

Well, I was going to thrill everyone with some photos of the absolutely ABSURD Christmas decorations I've seen in people's yards, but I forgot my camera this past weekend and those "delightful" displays may be gone the next time I'm there. So, I'll just talk about them and hope I get some photos to you guys soon. Anyways, I can't stand some of these yard displays. Sometimes I want to stop my car and go knock on their doors, because I can't imagine what kind of moron lives there. Nothing's worse than those idiots who put up six or more of those dumb blow-up santas/snowmen and that stupid snow globe of them. There are so many blow-ups in their yards you can't even see the grass. It's like Santa threw up all over their yard. I guess these people never heard of the saying "less is more". I do like those little light-up deer; however, no more than three and only one should be a large one.

Before I end, I have to tell you I've discovered a disturbing trend on TV lately. Dumber than usual commericals. One that continually irks me is the stupid commercial where the lady is trying to think of something to give her husband and she turns around and sees that Lexus with a bow on top of it. So, the lady goes out and buys her husband a Lexus for Christmas. One of those MSN messenger smileys with the wide-eyed dumbfounded look would be appropriate right now. I realize there are a few people in America that could actually buy someone a car for Christmas, but I don't think Bill Gates, Madonna, and George W. Bush are exactly representative of the population.

Then there's THE MOST LUDICROUS COMMERICAL EVER!!!!!!!! THAT STUPID SEIKO COMMERCIAL!!! Has anyone seen that stupid thing?

"It's not what you wear, or what music you listen to, or what car you drive...it's your watch that defines you....Seiko...."

WTF?!?!? The absolute gall of Seiko to say that a watch defines a person. If this society hasn't already gone down the toilet, then Seiko just flushed it!

Besides, Seiko??? C'mon!!!! Rolex or Cartier...maaaayyybeee..., but Seiko?

2 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Blogger John said...

You know Armitron and Timex are the shiz now.. right?.. HAHAHA

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Oooh, that Lexus commercial seriously bugs me too.

I also hate the Kay Jeweler commercials, if only because their stupid jingle infiltrates my brain:
"Every kiss begins with Kay..."

Also, if you watch Fox29's Good Day Philadelphia, every commercial break features the "1-800...myyyyyy lemon" commercial that drives me batty. It's so annoyingly catchy, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home