Monday, December 05, 2005

Let it snow, let it snow...

Well, it's supposed to snow this afternoon until tomorrow morning. Unfortunately, it's not supposed to start snowing until 3pm, which means I'll already be in my car driving to my horse back riding lesson. I can't cancel my lesson that close to the start time, so I'm basically stuck going and hoping I don't get snowed in there. We mid-Atlantic peoples are such friggin wusses when it comes to snow. When I lived in the D.C. metro everything nearly came to a grinding halt with an impending snow storm. A few hundred miles north and no different. But, I'll admit it! I'm one of the panick-stricken. I've been glued to the stupid weather channel all day. (I hate the idea that I'm giving the media business) I don't even want to leave the house for the next couple days, but I have no choice.

**Warning - the following account could scare small children and delusional males.**
A little while ago I had to take a dump. Yeah, it happens sometimes. Afterwards I went to talk to my neighbor, that's when the maintenance guy came to my apartment to replace a piece in my toilet tank. Tell me if that ain't Murphy's Law at its finest! At least I flushed several times. That eliminates smell and crumbs. Do you know how many people leave crumbs in the toilet??? Some people don't even bother to check things out before they leave the room. YUCK!

Ok, so if you don't know by now, I get easily bored. I'm VERY easily bored; thus, I need your help trying to figure out what to do for New Year's Eve. We've been invited to three get-togethers at people's houses, but I really don't want to be confined to an abode. I really want to do something active. I'm thinking snowboarding is the best option, but undoubtably we'll end up staying in our area because my husband doesn't want to travel anywhere. Any suggestions?

2 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger Lori said...

You are a crack-up! I nearly spit out my fruit punch while reading about "crumbs." Ewwww....

I am married to Nanook of the North (Brian's from Rochester, NY) and I have to listen to his endless moaning about how we Philadelphians know nothing about snow. You're right, of course. It kind of amazed me that there were school closings.

Oh yeah...you need to tell me where you're taking horseback riding lessons. That is something that has interested me for a long time.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Lori said...

This year we're staying in and having a small party at our new house, so we're not being very "active." Snowboarding sounds fun, though.

If you like dancing, Polly Esther's is fun for New Year's Eve. We've gone twice, gotten a hotel room downtown for the night, and had a great time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home