Monday, December 12, 2005

Last night I couldn't even sleep. I kept waking up because I thought I might be grinding my teeth. I'm afraid I'll wake up looking like Cleatus the slack-jawed yokel. I think another reason I couldn't sleep well was because I knew I was going to the DMV today. Now THAT is the stuff of nightmares! Anyway, I went to the Social Security Office and had my last name changed to my married name. No line, it was perfect! Then I went to the DMV. There were only five cars in the lot. I knew something must've been wrong. I couldn't be THAT lucky. Turns out only the photo services section is open on Mondays. The side that does the actual paperwork is closed. Frick.

Tomorrow I'm going to get impressions done for my mouthguard, since the cheap-o one has been unbearable. I'm either going to choke on the thing or go without sleep for the rest of my life. One way or the other, I need a new solution. Luckily my insurance will pay for part of it. I know...friggin hallelujah!...It's a miracle!

Now my news commentary for the day:

I think this ultra-PC Christmas etiquette is crap! You can't call a Christmas tree a holiday tree! It's NOT a Hannukah tree or a Hindu tree or an Islamic tree...It's a Christ-mas tree! DUH! We wouldn't even have this holiday if it weren't for Christ. However, the Christians that are complaining over Bush's "holiday" card are one step from the looney bin. No president has time to send religious-specific holiday cards to each American household. And, in case you didn't know, not all Americans are Christian AND a lot of other religions have holidays around the same time. Get a grip people, he did put a verse from the Bible in the card.

Merry Christmas everybody!

5 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Blogger John said...

my gf used to grind her teeth at night on occasion, and i don't know, but she eventually stopped... but then it probably could've been my holding her jaw in place several times when i did notice the teeth grinding that caused her to stop...

maybe it is other things that lead to the teeth grinding which are more mental than physical

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Bwah! Cletus. Every time I hear that name, I can't help but think of Kevin Federfuc---ahem, Federline. Must be from all the time I spend over on the Marie Chantal message boards.

Seriously, John might be on to something with the grinding. Are you stressed about something? I know that during times of severe stress, even if I'm in denial about it, I tend to grind my teeth so badly that it wakes Brian up.

Hopefully the real acclusal (sp?) guard from your dentist will alleviate the problem.

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I'm thinking that all this grinding damage happened during the 15 months of wedding planning. The only problem is I'm not sure if I'm doing it anymore and the only way to know for sure is to wake up one day down the line and see if I have teeth or not. ack!

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger DCK said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger DCK said...

I've been thinking... is there gonna be a point where they won't refer to Christmas day as Christmas day? Cuz you can call it a holiday tree... and say happy holidays... but the day is still very much Christmas day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home