Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I HATE PHILADELPHIA

I really really hate and despise this place. No culture, no diversity...this place is driving me nuts. I'm just biding my time till my sentence is over and I can get the hell out of this place.

At least they had enough sense to put that stupid Rocky statue at the bottom of the museum stairs instead of the top. Stupid city's only claims to fame are Rocky Balboa (the epitome of a blockhead grunt), cheese steaks with cheese whiz, and a cracked bell. Newest addition to the list would be highest number of homicide shootings. When my friends came recently to tour the sights they almost died of boredom. I won't see them again!

Then the burbs think they're sooo special because they claim one of the biggest malls on the east coast, King of Prussia Mall. Gimme a fukin break! When most of the area has to drive about 30 miles to find any decent clothing stores, I call that a disaster, not a triumph.

Biding my time...biding my time.

7 Comments:

At 6:36 PM, Blogger Cayman said...

Right there with you. I am a transplanted New Yorker. I work near the KOP Mall. I live in Chester County, almost to Lancaster. When people describe Philly as a big city, I lose it.

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger John said...

move to NYC, so then you can be closer to me... LOL!

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Aww, I don't know. Philadelphia is a bit provincial, sure, but I don't know if I'd say I hate it.

Things will get better when Mayor Street is out of office, I think. I miss the days of Fast Eddie Rendell.

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger G. said...

and closer to me!!!

nyc, baby!

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger Leparsdon said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm here almost 2 years. Originally from NYC area. I just got a job there so I will be returning to Manhattan (thank God) in May.

I don't like to say "I hate" things, but Philly is truly over-rated. The "culture", the food and as you mentioned, the diversity-- all disappointing.

And the city really is filthy. The people have cleanliness issues and they dress like hobos. And I'm not talking about University City (where you would expect that college student sloppiness). I'm talking about Rittenhouse/Center City- where I live. Lots of drunks here too, I noticed.

I kept hearing about The Main Line and how tony it was. Another disappointment. Even Chestnut Hill was unremarkable. Can't wait to move out of here.

 
At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home