Thursday, January 13, 2005

Ode to Washington, D.C.

There are NO good jobs around here. It's driving me nuts. I don't want to work in the friggin Pharmaceutical industry. BLECH! BARF! Completely ironic now that I am able to chose a job I like that I can't find an opportunity. All the good jobs are back in the D.C. area. Ohhh..ode to D.C.

I miss your towering monuments reminiscent of Roman ruins,
I miss the culture, the diversity, and Moby Dick Kebobs...
I miss Asian-promoted parties and Persian dance music,
I miss the Smithsonian, the Spy Museum, FBI headquarters...
I miss biking along and canoeing in the Potomac,
I miss the cherry blossoms in late March,
I miss embassy row, Five Guys burgers, and Korean groceries...
I miss my alma mater with its gorgeous rolling lawns and columned buildings...
Go Terps!
I miss good friends and good memories,
I miss city life and pretty suburbs,
I miss whitewater tubing at Harper's Ferry,
I miss the president driving by my office and waving from his limo,
I hope to live it all again one day...
Oh, ode to D.C.



1 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Blogger John said...

Go to NY, Go to NY, Go to NY... was that convincing enough?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home