Friday, December 17, 2004

Can You Believe This Crap?!?

So, I used to go to Panera all the time because I wanted to get something "healthy" to eat for lunch. My favorite sandwich was the Sierra Turkey. Check this out:

Sierra Turkey
Serving Size: 12.5 oz
Sodium: 2360mg
Calories: 950
Total Carbohydrate: 71g
Total Fat: 55g
Dietary Fiber: 4g
Saturated Fat: 13g
Sugars: 4g
Cholesterol: 40mg
Protein: 40g
(Taken from the Panera website: www.panerabread.com)

WHAT THE HELL?!? 950 CALORIES?????? 55 GRAMS OF FAT??????? 13 G SATURATED fAT??? 2,360 MG OF SODIUM??????????????????? 40 MG OF CHOLESTEROL?????? WHAT THE HELL??? IT'S TURKEY FOR GOD'S SAKE!!! TURKEY!!!!!

Ok, so check this out:
McDonald's Cheeseburger
310 calories, 12 grams of fat, 6 grams of saturated fat, 40 mg of cholesterol, 740 mg of sodium

(Taken from http://www.mcdonalds.com/app_controller.nutrition.index1.html )

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE????

So, basically I've been eating what I thought was "the healthy choice" when all along I could have had a Mcdonald's cheeseburger.

***Please note: This does NOT mean I'm advocating that you eat at McDonald's. See my previous post: "Melissa's Weightloss Program".

Please join me in a nationwide public boycott of Panera on April 1st, 2005. Details will follow.

1 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Blogger John said...

You thought your favorite Panera sandwich was fattening? I like the Chicken Salad!!! with Foccacia Bread... that thing is like Calories R Us!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home