Thursday, December 16, 2004

Another example of incomptent workers

I didn't receive my health insurance billing invoice. It was due December 1st. I called my provider and told them to send me another one, because it must have gotten lost in the mail. Two weeks later, no invoice. Running out of time. I have a 30-day grace period. Called them today and asked them if I could pay over the phone. The lady said "yes" and transferred me to another department. The man took all my information and then told me they don't take Discover. They don't take AMEX either. Shit! So, I had to get off the phone and get my fiance's card. I call back and I get a random customer service person. He says he doesn't know anything about paying over the phone and he doesn't know where my previous call was transferred. Great! I'm dealing with an idiot. Then he transfers me to this automated menu that has nothing to do with the billing department. I hang up and call back. I get yet another random CS person. She tells me she thinks only terminated accounts can pay over the phone. Luckily she decides to check on this and I am finally able to pay my bill.

What the hell is wrong with people?!? This is their job! They don't even know what they're doing! They don't even know answers to the simplest questions! My call had been transferred to the ever illusive and mystical Billing Department! wOOooOoooOoooOOoo...!!! Who would have ever thought billing questions should be directed to the Billing Department?!

I can't believe there are people more wealthy and successful in business than I. By my calculations, based upon the people I come in contact with day to day, 80% of the U.S. population (for I haven't been abroad much) must be comprised of morons. Therefore, one would come to the conclusion that it would be relatively easy to become a millionaire within a short period of time. Either I'm lazy or there's a conspiracy in action.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home